Thursday, May 3, 2012

Back, at least for today

I cannot believe it has been over a year since I have posted.  At the same time, I think I needed a break.  I have found myself overwhelmed by all of the blogs that I follow.  

Those that have better health and are actually hitting all the aspirations that they wish for, I found myself a little bitter and jealous (only because my body does not like me as much as it did pre-MS).  For those with MS or other chronic disease, at times the blogs were to heavy for me to really take in - I just wasn't there. yet.  This year has been another challenge, I might get into that one of these days, but in the end, the challenges that I have dealt with over the past 4-5 years are nothing compared to the strength that I have gained.  I get it, life is not fair, especially to those that seem to be given more to carry than others.  However, that is life.  God is not out there pointing to me (or others) and giving me more hardships than the next guy.  Please do not say to me that things happen for a reason; I do not and cannot believe that.

For those of you wanting to know how my triathlon, backpacking and running career has been - well pretty non-existent in the past 8 months.  Yesterday, I went for my first run in 4 months, as said before, my body is not where it was.  However, I do not give up.  I am in a moment of health right now that I am holding on to, so who knows, I will keep you all posted.

As for pregnancy, that is a long story that I may touch on one of these days.  It is been a heartbreaking journey for Paul and I, my body, not related to the MS, has not been on the same page as I had dreamed.  Again, just another personal lesson that I am learning to get through, thank goodness for my amazing hubby!

In the past year, I have hit my 4 year mark as a professional at UA, adopted a pup named Greta, remodeled a kitchen, took my first lazy beach vacation and I have dreamed, hoped and wished for many things.  That is all we have.  Oh yeah, I have also gotten addicted to Pinterest...haha, a great way to get motivated from everything crafty to working out.  :)

So I hope my blogger journey will start up again, I am looking forward to writing again, it is a great outlet.  It is also a great way to connect with all my peeps; all of you - healthy and struggling.  I leave you with a pic of Paul and I, boy I sure love him!




 

No comments: