Tuesday, November 17, 2009

and...

Well the news was not what I hoped for. The MRI showed over 3 lesions on the brain which means probable MS. There is still a glimmer of hope, I still have to have another "episode" before they will diagnosis it completely. At this point I have an 80% chance of being completely diagnosed.

This was third and final day of extra strength IV steroids which have made my stomach a little rough, I was having trouble holding anything down the past few days. The reason that I am given steroids is to help keep MS from showing itself for the next few years. So although they are making me feel like crap, I figure that they will be a lifesaver for a little while. The next step will be oral steroids for 10 days and a trip to a neurologist at the Cleveland Clinic (which I am sure will require some more testing).

I am holding up fairly well despite everything. Not sure if it has sunk in completely yet, but at the same time, I am a deeply hopeful and positive person 85% of the time. For me it is just another challenge in life for me to overcome. Not to say I have not had my moments, I am tired of feeling like crap and I am fearful of the things that may be taken away, but I am also resigned to knowing that I cannot change this. I have nothing to do but to be hopeful and positive.

One last thing, I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and support. I have been inundated with so much love that it has been overwhelming. I am so lucky to have so many people who care.

1 comment:

E-Speed said...

I am so sorry Julia. But I know you are a strong woman and you will get through this no matter the outcome.