Monday, March 22, 2010

Weekly Workout Update

Monday March 15 - Sunday March 21
  • Monday Mar 8 - off
  • Tuesday Mar 9 - 3 mi run
  • Wednesday Mar 10 -1 mi walk with dog, 2 mi run, 1 hour yoga
  • Thursday Mar 11 - 3 mi run
  • Friday Mar 12 -off
  • Saturday Mar13 - 1 hour bike ride (with new pedals & shoes)
  • Sunday Mar 14 - 3 mi run
OK, the weather this past week was PERFECT!!  I had a good week of working out, partially because I took 2.5 days off from work.  Unfortunately, after my Thursday run my entire left arm went numb for a few hours and had me a bit freaked out.  Luckily it came back in full force (which means my fears of a new attack are gone) but I was sure to take Friday as a non-workout day.

For those of you that are worried, I am doing fairly well, the blog below was in reference to the numb arm.  I am not sure that I will ever get used to the thought of having MS attacks, and every time something 'pops' up I have the fear that this will be the next one.  I plan to be as honest as possible on this blog, partially for me but also to have people understand what it is like to live/deal with a chronic disease.  Sometimes that means a happy - joy filled - wondrous day and sometimes that means I am gloomy.

2 comments:

KimZ said...

Sorry I never responded to the last blog. Didn't know what to say. Not sure if you want to hear the truth... but I was crying while reading what you wrote, and didn't know what to say. I want to be strong for you, but I hate that you have to go through all of these things happening. No one should have to deal with this. :-(
I'm glad to hear you got on the bike with the new pedals and shoes. How did that go? Did the stopping / starting go okay? It took me until just last year to get the hang of it. :)

Adventures with MS said...

Kim,

You do not have to explain, sometimes I do not know what to say either - to others or myself.

You are a great friend and have been very supportive through this entire ordeal, so never think that you are offending!! I think for me it was one of those moments that I needed to write what I was feeling because it was a REAL moment.

I really am happy most of the time, that does not take away from the fact that this is tough but isn't life supposed to be?