Some of you might have noticed a disappearing post last week. I published and then thought better of it and unpublished. I am not going to lie, 2010 sucked a big one and I am scared of hoping for the new year. I just am not sure how much I am willing to 'reveal' on here. I want to be very honest about my struggles, but at the same time - my struggle is very individual and personal. When I feel something and somebody gives their two-cents, it is not that they do not have valid points, it is more that I need to be allowed to feel something without it being diminished by somebody who has a healthy body, has things going well or cannot relate to where I am at currently. You know the whole 'walk a mile in their shoes'.
So 2010 brought:
- Accepting a new disease at the age of 28-29
- Finding out that I am infertile and so far not looking very positive
- Job was T-O-U-G-H on me emotionally
- Both of my only living grandparents were in the hospital and may be pushing their last years
- Put down the family dog (family member)
- Husband was promoted twice and is now MIA in the police academy (Great for him, but lonely for me)
- Finished my first marathon after my MS diagnosis (hoping that I can do a few more)
- Dizziness that lasted 4 months early in the year
- Diet changes and health awareness (both have helped, not always easy)
This past holiday was the toughest test to my diet yet (I had not changed my diet at this time last year). My mom and sister were determined to make me feel like I was not missing anything (they did a great job) but there were still the times that you miss, the food that you miss and the family members who make you painfully aware of your struggles (if I hear that gluten-free tastes weird one more time...). I am still on track though, so I guess I have that.