Friday, April 23, 2010

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike!

Yep, my hubby surprised me last week with my very own Mt. Bike.  This is my second season riding and last year I borrowed a UA Trek 4900 for the season.  Although it was a very nice bike it was too large (16").  You see I was blessed with short legs and a long torso (for my short legs) - this meant that a 16" bike had me hopping over the top tube to get my leg over.  Anyway, Paul had left a 2009 16" hardtail Raleigh Mojave 8.0 in the living room last Tuesday.  Unfortunately, it was as large as the last bike and did not fit.  So we took it back to the bike shop to see if they had a 14" or something comparable.  

The bike shop let me exchange the bike for a 2010 Raleigh Talus 8.0 - a great entry level hardtail.
Meet the "Pimp Mobile" - yes those are gold rims-with gold accent trim.  I have to laugh at the flashy color of the bike, but the bike fit is PERFECT.  The most hilarious part about this is that I am not very good, I fall - A LOT.  So the bike is pimp, but not so much with me.

"Gold Rims & the leather seats, windows so dark you need a flashlight to see me..."

2 comments:

erin said...

that sure is one fiiiiiiine ride girrrrrrl!

Erin Sigler said...

you know it was only a matter of time before you got a pimped out bike....if the shoe fits Jay..... I love you! Enjoy your new ride....Mine consists of pretend bike riding on the wii fit for now....perhaps we can ride together in the states a year from now and my parents can lend me one of their pimped out rides...