Thursday, January 14, 2010

Balance Act

I have not updated much this week.  Work has been rough and I am worried that I am falling into my old habits.  When my MS attack happened in October, I was working consistently 50-60 hours a week.  Now that may not seem like a lot to some people but keep in mind, I only make $30,000 a year.  My neurologist kept emphasizing to keep my stress down and when I work that many hours, I feel like I am always playing catch-up; with sleep, eating, working out and just life in general.  How do you keep a job that expects that type of hours and still take care of yourself?  I am still trying to work that all out.  Am I crazy to be thinking about having a baby too?  Goodness.  How do people do it all?

I am scared that running myself ragged will cause another attack.  I also do not want to give up my workouts (they help as much mentally as physically).  What to do, what to do?

4 comments:

KimZ said...

Keep that stress level down!
As for kids / baby - yes, they take time, but the benefits far out weight anything else. You'll have no problem making that part work. :) Plus, I'm sure there's lots of us that would love to offer our babysitting services.

Adventures with MS said...

Ha, already offering babysitting, that is hilarious. I might have to take you up on that someday. :)

Erin Sigler said...

I love you jay

allanjel said...

Trust yourself and your body. Everything becomes less importnat when your health is in danger!!